There are many ways to get involved with the Ars Nova Singers, from performing in the concerts to composing music for the ensemble to volunteering in the office or serving on the Board of Directors. Join us!
AUDITIONS for NEW SINGERS • 2014-2015
Members of Ars Nova Singers are highly skilled musicians with extensive experience in choral singing. We welcome the opportunity to hear and connect with singers who share our passion for the choral art. The preliminary round of auditions for all voice parts will be held through August 7, 2014. To schedule an audition, please follow these steps:
1) Please review the information on this linked PDF document, which includes: a) the Preliminary Season Schedule and b) the Singer Information sheet. Note that the expectation is that all singers participate in all the projects listed. In certain circumstances, it may be acceptable for a singer to skip a project during the season. However, it is required that you be able to commit to ALL of the scheduled performances for a project.
2) If the schedule is possible for you, please e-mail a brief choral/vocal resume to Tom Morgan, Artistic Director: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list the highlights of your choral work in the last 5 years, major voice teachers, etc. An individual audition will then be scheduled for qualified candidates.
3) After July 15, 2014, qualified candidates will be sent a link to complete the online audition request form. The form includes a list of available dates and times. Note that your audition time is not guaranteed until you receive a confirmation email.
The 25-minute audition will include one prepared song (any language; can be an excerpt from a choral piece; no gospel or pop music, please), sight-reading, tonal memory, and general vocalizations. An accompanist is provided.
FOR PAID POSITIONS: A limited number of paid positions are available during the season. To be considered for ANY PAID POSITION, please submit an audition recording (mp3 format) by email to Tom Morgan, Artistic Director (email@example.com), demonstrating current or recent solo work; the recording may include either excerpts or complete pieces. Recordings must be received by August 6, 2014.
The roster for the start of the season is scheduled to be announced on August 9, 2014. All singers will be notified of audition results.
Auditions will be held at St. John’s Episcopal Church, 1419 Pine Street in downtown Boulder.
Have Your Music Performed by Ars Nova Singers!
Ars Nova Singers 6th Colorado Composers Competition 2014
Cash Prizes in Three Categories:
- Students in grades 6-12 ($300)
- Undergraduate college students ($400)
- Graduate students & professional composers ($500)
Performance of winning works by Ars Nova Singers in April, 2014.
Deadline for Entry: February 1, 2014
Complete info: click here
Ars Nova welcomes your support. We can now accept your contribution by a credit card by calling our office at 303-499-3165. If you'd like to mail in a check, our address is:
Ars Nova Singers, P O Box 4151, Boulder CO 80306
Thank you for your support!
...a richly reverberant world of sound...
- The Choral Review
"Ars Nova has never sounded better...first-rate intonation and precision."
- Denver Post, 12/15/2009
"A cohesive, resplendent sound...renditions among the finest of any vocal group in the country."
- Colorado Daily